Today we will be discussing a very controversial topic: homework should be banned in schools. Of course, most students will quickly say that it should, without doubt, be banned. Most teachers, on the other hand, will surely jump to defend homework. Of course, there are also many students who see the pros of homework. There are also teachers who see the cons of homework. Any way you take it, homework is here to stay. However, there is nothing wrong in discussing its benefits and its adverse effects on students. So, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of homework ban. Should homework really be outlawed? Would students really gain any real benefits from the absence of homework?
Table of Contents
Homework Banned in Schools: Pros
While students will quickly start to support the idea that homework banned in schools is a very good thing. But homework is still there and for those of you who struggle with doing it, we’ve got an amazing homework solution service. And the reality is that the students have a lot of arguments. Here are just some of the most important arguments that support a nation-wide homework ban:
- Students receive too much homework every semester and they are left with very little time for themselves. They are experiencing social problems because they are always struggling to get their school chores done and don’t spend much time with their friends and their family. Of course, many students are forced to neglect the love of their life because they are constantly being pressed to do their homework on time.
- Homework tends to stress students out. Many of these people don’t really like some of the classes. After all, you can’t love every class. Yet, they are forced to do their homework every week, even though they absolutely hate it.
- A homework ban would see students work on their favorite topics. They would be able to choose their own assignments. Of course, teachers would still grade them, but students would get the chance to pick what they want to talk about and what they want to write on.
- Many students don’t have an easy life outside the classroom. It’s very difficult for them to do their homework at home in many cases. Some students even have to work, at least part time, to support themselves throughout the school year.
- Students spend an average of 6 hours at school daily. If you add homework, they are spending between 10 and 12 hours learning. This is more than what an employee would spend at work in most cases.
- Perhaps one of the most important arguments that support a homework ban is the fact that various studies have shown that homework does not increase engagement or academic performance in most cases.
Now that we have seen the reasons why homework should be banned, let’s take a look at reasons why homework shouldn’t be banned.
Should Homework Be Banned: Cons
Many people who argue that homework should be banned also agree that homework has its benefits. Here are some of the main pros of keeping homework in schools:
- Without homework, many students would simply get home and play video games all day long. The absence of homework would not impact these students’ social lives.
- Homework forces students to read what was written during class. They learn through repetition and homework is the only incentive that would be able to stimulate them to reread those materials.
- People who argue that homework should be banned agree that most students would not do anything for school if there weren’t for homework. Few students would spend some of their time learning at home if not forced by school chores.
- Through homework, students learn how to manage their time effectively and how to be disciplined and organized. Also, they learn how to compete for good grades.
- Homework has existed for centuries and has proven itself to be a key element of education.
Of course, there are many other reasons why homework should not be banned in school. People always argue on this topic, so we will not force our opinion on anyone. We agree that every person has good arguments and that there is a gray line when it comes to homework.
Bottom Line: Homework Shouldn’t Be Banned
So, should homework be banned? We believe that it should not. Banning it would not bring any real benefit to students. Yes, we do agree that teachers should try to assign less homework every week. They rarely think about their students and about their time. Also, teachers fail to take into consideration the amount of homework their pupils are getting from other classes. However, if we ban homework, would it solve other issues today’s education has? There has to be a better solution to this problem and while we need to solve it, homework remains present. But don’t get too upset just yet. The good news for students is that they can get some assistance online. An academic writing company, for example, could help a student with any kind of academic content, whether it’s a calculus assignment or an informative essay writing. A professional writer is an ace at writing academic papers on any subject and topic you can imagine. So, instead of debating the “should homework be banned” topic, you should take action and either do homework yourself or get some quick help. Either way, for now homework isn’t banned so you can either complain a lot, or dedicate some of your free time and get it done. We assume, the second option is the best one.
Stuck with your homework? Good news! Enter promo “homework20” and grab your unique writing assignment with 20% discount!
57 comments on “Homework Should Be Banned: The Pros and Cons”
yes it should be banned its a peice of sh***
YES ITS SHIZ
maybe you need it because you can’t spell
i would roast u but my mom said not to burn trash
good comeback man lol
what are u five years old that’s so old
so u just called urself burnt trash? doesnt that mean u uno reverse careded urself?
Maybe you should do your homework since you can’t spell.
that is the real tea sis
geez my dude chill out
If homework sucks then why does it help others get a good job and career because they chose to do their homework unlike you mostlikly
It mite suck but it can actually help you
Shut up nerd
that right bro
I agree ?
Right back atcha I need homework. Or else I get in trouble
Hello Bailey, be sure to place an order at myhomeworkdone.com and our experts will gladly help!
If there are more pros and the reasons are more explained and longer than the cons listed, why is the “Bottom line” homework shouldn’t be banned?
Homework indeed has many flaws that need to be addressed, however banning it would not solve all issues that modern education system has. Homework might be banned in future but it will also require significant changes in the education system itself. This is the point of the author of the article but feel free to express your ideas about this thought provoking topic.
Homework is the greatest thing ever invented without it I would be nothing! I HATE when teachers give us no homework!!!!! I will cry myself to sleep!
-Margaret Johansen, aka future Valedictorian and president.
No homework sucks and many millions and maybe even billions of students can agree with me.
No like homework I could stay up intill 6:00. Or play APEX
My name is jesse and i am in Mr. Gardners class. lol
Why did you post this at 2 in the morning XD
Hi, Im writing an essay on why homework should be banned. I don’t know who to source, should I just put the website name? Or do you want me to cite a name. Thank you.
Hi Aplle, you can add a link to our blog as a source in your article. Thanks!
Hey, so am I! Except I’m saying that homework shouldn’t be banned.
I think home work should be banned because kids are stay up to late to get it done then they r sleepy the next day next thing u now that they are following sleep in class.
I feel you
many for years I had homework and so many times I didn’t have time because of all my sports but I like sports but I need to do my homework but I can’t do both but I don’t want to quit my team send helpssssssss
Dont worry my school is gunna ban homework
were do you go to school!!!
school homework is trash i never learn anything and it a huge complete waste of time!!!!!!!! PLEASE BANNNNNN IT SO KIDS HAVE MORE TIME TO PLAY ROBLOX AND MINECRAFT
ban homework because i play roblox as well
i agree yeezy head me and my **** play minecraft
ban homework because when my mom says. emma time to do work, im like moooomm!
This is exactly why they should not ban homework because kids just to go home and play video games instead of leaning.
schools should ban home work because students would have a lot more time to spend with family and have more time to do physical activities
we could have more time to smash
he was playing video games
homework is trash people that like it name it homowork LMAO
it is trash
games are cool bro
STOP PLAYING FORTNITE UNTIL 5 IN THE MORNING, SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol no u
Who even are you????????
Shut up kid
i am a robloxer too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 what are ur usernames!!!
Ps I’m doing this on a school ipad
people, how is roasting each other related to not have homework or not?
If you guys want something or someone to roast-NEWS FLASH! This is not a kitchen
Homework should be banned
we should all have a Roblox playdate some time!!! 🙂
You guys should stop using bad words.