Did you just get your first ever SWOT analysis paper assignment? We know, the mere sight of this kind of assignment strikes fear into even the most knowledgeable student. Indeed, writing a SWOT paper is not easy. It is not like writing an essay; not even a research paper. The SWOT analysis is a difficult task that you should treat with great care. Start early and focus all your energy on this paper because it can take a lot of time to write it. There is an alternative to spending days on it, but we’ll get to that in the last part of this article. For now, let’s see what a SWOT analysis paper is and show you how to write one correctly.
What Is a SWOT Analysis Paper?
The first thing you need to do is understand what a SWOT analysis research paper is and why you need to learn to write one.
SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. As you may have guessed already, the SWOT analysis is a type of study that analyzes and interprets these four aspects of a business, industry or even a product. And did you know that you can write a personal SWOT analysis paper? In other words, you can analyze your own strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Now, let’s structure all the relevant information for you so you can understand everything.
In a SWOT analysis, the most important organizational strengths are: values that drive your business, things you do better than others, a Unique Selling Proposition, unique resources that other don’t have access to, and other similar things.
The external elements of SWOT analysis are: Threats and Opportunities. It’s logical that these two are external factors that influence your company, product or industry. You have no control over them, so it is extremely important to identify them correctly so you can manage them accordingly.
Here are the most important SWOT analysis questions (that you should ask yourself when writing such an academic paper). You can also check out our management topics.
- What assets does your company possess?
- Can you identify your company’s most important asset?
- Do you have a unique selling proposition?
- Do you have a unique relationship with a seller or supplier?
- How is your company different from all its competitors?
- What is your competitive advantage?
- How skilled is your workforce?
- Do you lack knowledge?
- What do you need to avoid at all costs?
- What is the market missing?
- What are the most important trends today?
- Are there any government regulations that can damage your company?
- What are the obstacles that are preventing you from growing?
What are the four parts of a SWOT analysis?
Now, we are most certain you want to write the best SWOT paper possible. After all, you want that A+, don’t you? Don’t worry, we will help you get some bonus points. But first, let’s make sure you understand the 4 main parts of the analysis. So, what are the four parts of a SWOT analysis? They are Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. And yes, you need to analyze each one, interpret the results and write a section in your paper. No, you can’t skip any of these sections.
We know you probably don’t know how to structure the paper. This is why an example SWOT analysis paper can do wonders for you. However, we will get to that in just a bit. For now, let’s give you a quick guide that will help you write the paper quicker.
How to Write a SWOT Analysis Paper: A Quick Guide
Don’t know how to start a SWOT analysis paper? Follow our guide and pay attention to each step. Remember, our experienced academic writers follow this guide too, and they always manage to do a great job. Here is what you need to do, in order:
- First, decide the objective of your SWOT analysis. Perhaps you want to introduce a new service to the market. Or maybe you want to change some of the processes in your company. If you are writing a personal SWOT analysis essay, you are probably looking to better yourself or achieve a very specific goal.
- Start doing the necessary research. You will need to research your company, the industry and the specific market you are operating in. Analyze your competitors, as well as you staff and business partners.
- List the strengths of your business. Three important strengths should suffice, but make sure that you discuss each one and show your readers why it is important.
- List the weaknesses of your business. Three of them should be quite enough. Provide enough details so that your readers can understand why you consider that specific thing a weakness.
- List the opportunities of your business. Again, three opportunities should suffice. Make sure you give plenty of details about how these opportunities can help you grow your company or sell your products.
- List the threats to your business. Identify three threats and discuss them. Provide some solutions that may counter these threats effectively.
- Develop a strategy that addresses the problems you’ve identified during the SWOT analysis. Show your readers how you plan to take advantage of your strengths and opportunities and how you can eliminate the weaknesses and counter the threats.
Perfect, now you know how to write a SWOT analysis paper in APA format. Remember, each step above should have its own section. At the very minimum you should have the following sections: Short Introduction (background about the company and the need for a SWOT analysis), Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, and Strategy.
Getting a Good SWOT Analysis Paper Example
Even though you may be able to write a decent paper following only the steps outlines above, you should go deeper and get an excellent SWOT analysis example paper. Simply by looking at how an experienced writer organized his or her ideas and how he or she supported each statement with accurate, credible information, you can greatly improve your own writing.
Honestly, you can find a Tesla SWOT analysis essay on hundreds of websites all around the Web. However, does this mean you can use it? No! Examples you find on the Internet are generally poorly written. They are there just to draw visitors to the website. They are not meant to be used in an academic environment. The best way to get an excellent sample SWOT analysis paper – one you can actually use – is to work closely with an academic writing agency. These writing companies have experienced ENL writers with extensive experience writing SWOT papers. For example, many of our seasoned writers have written over 150 such papers since working for us.
Need Help Writing a SWOT Analysis Paper?
Remember, your professor may ask you to write a SWOT and strategy evaluation paper. This is even more difficult to write than the regular SWOT analysis. Developing a strategy and evaluating its effectiveness can be extremely difficult, especially for college students who have very little experience with SWOT analysis. Trying this assignment for the first time, all on your own, will almost inevitable result in failure – and a low grade.
The good news is that our writers can help you write an exceptional SWOT analysis paper and get your homework done. It won’t take our experienced writers long to send you an essay that will thrill your professor. You will work closely with your chosen writer and always be up to date with the progress. You can talk directly to the writer, so you can make sure that the final version of the paper incorporates your most important ideas. And of course, if you provide us with detailed information about yourself, we can write a personal SWOT analysis essay for you in no time. Just get in touch with us and tell us what you need.