Taking a course in theology is fun. With its large area of study and the crux of the discipline, some people find themselves jumping for joy when they get admitted. However, it is commonplace to see this joy wane when it is time to pick Christian research topics.
Getting topics to write about global Christianity is not easy for most people. But those years of worries are over. We have put together Christianity and religion topics to make theological studies easier for you.
We have interesting Christian topics, and areas for discussion. You have the option to making your choice! Even more interesting is that we present the Christianity essay topics free. You can even ask us “do my assignment,” and we’ll do our best. With our help, your studies can be fun!
How to Choose Christian Research Paper Topics
Before picking Christianity topics for research papers, there are areas you have to consider.
- Choose what interests you
When it comes to picking Christianity essay topics, your interest matters. Your interest will propel you when your encounter difficulty. Sometimes, writing a thesis gets challenging, but your interest keeps you motivated.
- Have a scope
Christian topics can be broad. You should have a scope for your study. You can better handle the theological topics Christianity has to offer if you take a bite-size. Having a scope of focus will enable you to do a thorough study.
- Access the right materials
While having Christian topics to write about is one thing, having the right material for the study is another. The controversial topics Christianity cover require adequate materials for their study. The materials will complement your interest to make the research go smoothly.
History-Focused Christianity Research Topics
If you want to interrogate the historical background of people, places, and practices, there are several interesting history of Christianity research paper topics at your disposal.
- The History of Christianity in Europe.
- A Summary of the History of Christianity
- The History of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.
- Christianity in Africa: a historical appraisal
- The history of Christianity in the Roman empire
- Theology and the practice of Christianity: a historical approach
- Christianity in the middle ages: a historical study.
- Christianity in medieval civilization: a historical study
- The history of Christianity in the western world
- A socio-historical study of African American Christianity
- Orthodox Christianity and the myth of creation
- The myth of creation: the Bible and the world
- A historical study of Christianity in Ireland
- The history of Christianity: from Jesus to the Roman empire
- Journey motif in the Bible: a systematic study of the old testament
- Journey motif in the Bible: a systematic study of the Bible
- Women in early Christianity: a study of selected women in the Bible
- Conflict resolution in the early Christian church
- African American Christianity: from slavery to freedom
- Archetypal symbols in Christianity and Islam
- British footprint in Africa: Christianity and language
- The history of Christianity in China
- Christianity in the postcolonial era: a study of a specific country
- African American Chris: a study of the negro spirituals and gospels
- Birth and rebirth in the new testament
- What is the origin of man and the universe according to the Bible?
- Christianity and slavery in Africa
Modern World Christianity Research Topics
There are modern topics Christianity has to answer. Man has always been inquisitive. Most Christian debate topics are products of the curiosity in people’s minds and they want answers to them. Here are some great topics you can research.
- Changing paradigms: The heart of Christianity in modern times
- Conservationist and evangelical Christianity
- Borders of practices: evangelists and conservationists
- Christianity in the modern age
- Modernism and Christianity
- Modernism, postmodernism, and Christianity
- Cultural diversity: its impacts on modern-day Christianity
- Death and life in the concept of modern Christianity
- How do Christians in the modern world see music?
- Psychology and Christianity: a psychoanalytic study of King David
- The teachings of Jesus and his disciples: a linguistic appraisal
- Fundamentalism in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism
- The Materialist Theory of Christianity
- Christianity, Islam, and modernity: acceptance and prohibitions of queerness
- Christianity and psychology: a help or for of depression
- Christianity and psychology: an integrative appraisal
- Economic and social dimension to church planting
- Evangelism as art: between spirituality and entertainment
- Religious pluralism and the foundation of Christianity
- Colonialism in Christianity: a study of the old testament
- Naming, marriage, burial rites: a sociological study of the old testament
- Christianity in Four Weddings and a Funeral
- The concept of journey in the Bible: a case study of the Exodus of the children of Israel and the journey of the Magi
- A Marxist reading of the old testament.
- Church planting in a specific city: prospects and challenges
- Peace and conflict resolution from a biblical perspective
- The Lion and the Lamb: a study of the life of Jesus
- An archetypal study of sacrifice in the Bible
- The paradox of Christianity: freedom and bondage in the same package
- Struggle and Survival in the old testament: a Marxist reading
- Cristian unity in a specific country: a study of Christian denominations in a specific city
- Society in dialogue: Christianity, politics, and education
- Sexuality in the light of Christianity: a biblical study
Cause and Effect Topics on Christianity
Christianity and other kinds of religion have made some impact on people, institutions, and practices. There are interesting Christian discussion topics that interrogate the effect of religion on society. Also, some topics examine the cause and effect relationship between biblical doctrines and people’s ways of life. Here are some of the fantastic topics you can explore.
- The resurrection of Jesus and the faith of Christians
- What is the effect of Christianity on legal practices?
- Hellenism and the birth and spread of Christianity
- The relics of colonialism: Christianity in Africa
- The great commission: the effect of the teachings of apostle Paul on the growth of the church
- The decline of Christianity in Europe
- Biblical prophetic impulse: its relevance on Christian faith
- How does the Christian doctrine shape the response of slaves to their predicament?
- How did the slave masters wield the weapon of Christian teachings to subjugate slaves?
- What are the impacts of scientific revolution on Christianity?
- The commercialization of Christianity: a study of specific societies
- The spread of Christianity: a study of the contribution of apostle Paul
- Influence of Christianity in politics and policymaking: a case study of a specific country
- The question of authority in Christianity and Islam
- Impact of information and digital technology in church development
- Is the relationship between the church and society influencing the growth of the church.
- Implications of the doctrine of justification for Christian living: a study of the new testament
- Effect of traditional festival in church growth: a critical study of Colossians 2:16-18
- Christian in life in the modern-day: impacts of the teachings of apostle Paul
- Faith and other gifts: a study of the new testament
- What are the factors causing division in the church from a biblical perspective?
- Church administrative influence on church-owned educational institutions: a case study of a specific University
- What is the impact of Pentecostal churches in the development of the education sector in a specific country?
- The effect of poor infests in the teaching and learning of Christian religious studies
- Effects of teaching method of Christian religious studies on the academic performance of students of junior secondary school: a case study of specific schools
- Impact of theological studies on societal morality
- The role of evangelism in church growth: a case study of specific churches
- Christianity and politics in the society: a study of a specific place
- Impact of POS banking in churches in a specific city
- What is the impact of the church on the economic situation of a country?
- What is the role of the church in reducing the unemployment rate in the country?
- What is the influence of the church on protests in a specific country?
Controversial Christian Topics
Students of theology and religious studies have often wondered what are good controversial topics to discuss for Christianity? Well, there are a lot. Controversial Christianity discussion topics are often avoided because they tend to upset people’s beliefs. Some people perceive these topics as radical and rebellious.
But, the fact remains that controversial topics in science and Christianity arouse curiosity in people and they want to dig deeper into them. If you are curious, here are some controversial topics in Christianity you can choose.
- The Foundation of Christianity in times of change
- Diversity of worship: Idol worship or Catholicism
- Religion and manipulation: the moving power of the word
- God and gods: the unity of divinity
- Christianity and Catholicism
- Culture and Christianity in dialogue: societal practices in the light of the gospel
- Christianity and slavery: an unholy union
- Christianity and idolatry: the changing paradigms
- Christianity, Religion, and society.
- War and peace: two sides of one coin
- Christian doctrines as a weapon of societal subjugation
- Western supremacy and Christianity as the weapons of oppression.
- Feminism and Christianity
- Christianity in Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave
- The pull and push factors if migration: the place of Christianity
- Science and Christianity
- The politicization of Christianity and Christianization of politics
- Religion and politics: a critical study of Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam.
- What is the biblically approved method of baptism?
- Gender equality in biblical perspective
- Women’s roles in social reconstruction: a critical study of the Bible
- Marriage and divorce from biblical prep
- Christianity in the society: religious perspectives on marriage
- Gender pluralism: a biblical appraisal
- Gender roles in the church: a study of the new testament
- The blood and the life: a biblical perspective on abortion
- Politics from the pulpit: a critical appraisal
- Peace and war from a biblical perspective
Other Christianity Research Topics
Theological and religious studies offer a broad area of study. Aside from controversial, historical, and modern areas of focus, there are several other Christian persuasive speech topics to explore.
Some topics are based on literary texts while some examine the interaction between religion and society. If you are wondering what topics fall within this area, here are some great ones we have put together for you.
- Christianity and Magic in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- Christianity, Judaism, and Islam: Similarities and Differences
- Christianity: an examination of the life of Jesus
- Asceticism and Christianity
- Christianity, slavery, and colonialism: the journey of African Americans
- Beliefs and symbols of Christianity
- Significant events in Christianity
- The concept of virtues from a biblical perspective
- The role of the church in nation-building
- What is the biblical concept of good and evil?
- The philosophy of “Mere Christianity”: a critical appraisal
- How does a broken marriage affect children in Christian homes?
- The role of the Christian teachings during slavery
- Christianity and economics: a study of specific societies
- Literary aesthetics of the parables of Jesus
- The concept of death and love in the new testament
- Unity in diversity: Christianity, African traditional worship, and the society
- The interrogation of paganism and Christianity in Dante’s Inferno
- The concept of the Messiah in Christiana and Judaism
- Feeding the flock: apostle Peter’s contribution to the spread of the gospel
- Pentecostalism and speaking in tongues: a case study of some Pentecostal churches
- Academic performance of students of junior secondary school students in Christian religious studies
- Literary aesthetics in the teachings of Jesus Christ: a case study of the sermon on the mount
- The roles of Christian leaders in societal order
- Leadership and politics in Christianity: a study of some old testament figures
- What is the role of the church in troubled times?
- Aesthetics and significance of aural texts: a literary analysis of some Psalms
- What are the roles of Christianity and religious leaders in children’s upbringing?
- Theism and the question of evil: a critical study
- What is the role of Christian associations in times of crisis and disasters?
If you are searching for Christian speech topics for class discussions or Christian thesis topics for your project, these are suggestions that will help you a great deal. These topics cover a wide area of study to enable you to make a smart choice. You can also check out philosophy topics or contact us if you need our help.