If this is the first time you’re trying to write a research report, the whole process may be frightening. In most cases, students don’t even know what a research report is. So how can you possibly write this paper? Getting an A or an A+ seems to be out of the question. Lucky for you, we are here to help. In this blog post, you will show you not only the research report definition, but also ways to write a better paper. You should easily be able to get a top grade after you read this information. Writing a research report will be a piece of cake if you follow our advice and the steps outlined below. And remember, if you need additional help, don’t be afraid to hire an academic writer. As you’ll soon find out, a great sample may be exactly what you need!
The Definition of a Research Report
Before we discuss how you can write an equity research report or the market research report template, you need to understand what the report is and what is required of you as a student. Most students ask us, “What is research report writing?” Basically, a research report is a summary of what you’ve learned about a specific topic after reading various books, studies, surveys, journals, and so on. You need to find this information and organize it in a report-style essay of around 5 paragraphs.
This is the research report definition. However, be very careful; a research report is not a research paper. In a research paper, you need to analyze the topic and form your own opinion about it. In a report, on the other hand, you should identify the most important research investigations and present them. Of course, you should note any areas that require further research. If you’ve been wondering “what is a research report?”, now you know!
The Importance of a Good Research Report Example
Even though you now know the definition of a research report, you still don’t understand everything. How should this report look? How should you organize it? The truth is that there is more than one research report format you can use, even when writing an equity research report. This is why we strongly encourage you to get a research report example. Even better, get a sample that is 100% original and very well written. Here is why:
- A sample can be your research report template. Just replicate the sections and headings you see in the sample and you have a very good structure for your essay within minutes.
- You can, of course use some parts of the sample in your own writing. However, this can be done only if you have an original sample that has not been published anywhere.
- If you get a great research progress report sample, you can see exactly how a seasoned report writer organizes his or her ideas and how he or she presents everything in a clear and concise manner.
- Simply by reading an example, you can learn how to cite a research report in APA. Yes, it’s that simple!
We realize you’re very interested in the second bullet point (the one where you can use parts of the example in your own report). You can do this is you manage to get your hands on a sample that is 100% original (one that has not been published elsewhere online or offline). The best way to get such a report is to work an academic writing company. One of their writers can help you with this in a matter of hours.
Don’t Forget About the Research Report Outline!
Before we show you how to write a research report, you need to learn about the outline. Yes, even writing an empirical research report means first working on the outline. In fact, we can’t stress enough the importance of creating an outline before you start writing. Let’s face it; you are not a professional academic writer. You don’t have much experience writing research reports. This is precisely why you need to avoid writing such a paper off the top of your head. It’s easy to make a mistake, forget about something, or simply stray away from the subject. Always start your paper with an outline. To create the research report outline, you just need to put together the most important ideas you come across while research the topic.
How to Find Great Research Report Topics
Presumably, you’ve already analyzed at least one good research report sample. You know some things about the most popular research report formats. It’s time to talk about research report topics. Why do they matter? Well, the topic you choose for your paper is extremely important actually. Frankly, professors are tired and bored of reading papers on the same 5 topics over and over again.
If you manage to come up with something different – something original – you can be sure you’ll get bonus points. Do your best to find the best possible topic if you want to stand out from your classmates. The Internet and the library are two of the best places to find good topics. Of course, an academic writer can help you immensely with this as well. Order a list of original topics online, and then just sit back and relax.
Learn How to Write a Research Report Fast and Easy
Many people will tell you that research report writing is difficult. The research report rubric usually contains around 10 criteria, and you need to get a top score in each one. This is why you need to make sure you know how to write in proper academic format and how to cite and quote works correctly. The next thing you need to do is learn how to write a research report. Here are the basic steps:
- Do some brainstorming and some research, find some excellent research report topics, and then pick the best one.
- Write the Title page and the Table of contents (if required).
- Write the Abstract paragraph which contains just an overview of your research.
- Write the Introduction. Remember to explain the purpose and the background of your research, as well as the methods of investigation and areas of research.
- Write the Findings/Results section where you present all of your most important findings.
- Next, write the Conclusion. This is where you discuss the findings listed above and provide your own take on the subject.
- The final paragraph is the Recommendations section. This section contains your suggestions. What is the state of current research? Is anything missing? Is anything factually incorrect? Don’t be afraid to say it!
- References – this is where you include everything you’ve cited in your essay. If you don’t know how to cite a research report, just read the APA or MLA style book (it’s free).
From writing the research report title page to the final edit, you can spend more than a week working on this essay. Even there are around 5 or 6 paragraphs, you really need to dedicate a lot of time and effort to this task. Writing the report is the easy part of the process. Doing the research is a lot more time-consuming. Don’t underestimate the importance of quality assistance!