Most tutors will expect students to write a compare and contrast essay. However, some students don’t know how to start compare and contrast essay. The best starting point is identifying the right topic. You can get thousands of essays topic for students online. However, this article presents the best compare and contrast essay topics. You can choose one depending on your field of study and personal interests.
The Best Topics for Compare and Contrast Essays
The task of comparing and contrasting phenomena can be a challenging one. However, you can get a breakthrough by choosing easy topics for compare and contrast essays. One of the factors that render a topic easy is the availability of data. Here are some of the topic suggestions that fall under this category.
- Android vs iPhone Mobile Devices: What Benefits Do Users Obtain from Each
- Buffy and Twilight, the Vampire Slayer
- Compare Life in a Village and Life in a Big City
- Who Should Have Won US Presidential Elections: Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump
- Macbeth and Realism: Simple Differences and Similarities
- Text Book vs Tablets in Schools: Advantages of Each in The Learning Process
- Stephen King: A Review of the Film and Book
- Barcelona and Real Madrid: Pros and Cons of Both
- Modernism and Realism: What Makes These Genres Different
- Prose vs Poetry
Compare and Contrast Essay Examples for High School Students
You need to be very careful as you choose a compare and contrast essay. As a high school student, you should not choose a topic that is complicated because you may become stuck along the way. Here are some of the recommended compare and contrast essay examples for high school students.
- Non-fiction or Fiction Literature
- eBooks vs Printed Books
- New England patriots or Atlanta Falcons
- Story Buildings vs Wooden Houses
- Online Learning and Traditional learning
- Assess College tests and High School Exams
- Establish the Effectiveness of TV ads and Online Advertisement on Children
- Similarities and Differences Between Spain and Portugal
- Compare and Contrast the Japanese and the American Vision of Beauty
- Compare Rock Music in the Contemporary and Traditional World.
Sixth Grade Comparison Essay Topics
The kind of compare and contrast essay topic you choose should always depict your level of learning. Below you will find a list of 10 sixth grade compare and contrast essay example topics. You can choose any topic outside this as long as it portrays the same level of technicalities.
- Novels or Comic Books: Which One Is More Interesting to Read
- Ping Pong vs Tennis: Which Is the Favorite Game Out of The Two
- Summer or Winter: More Gorgeous Annual Season
- Reading a Book, I stead of Watching the Television: Similarities and Differences in Impressions
- Western or Easter USA: Living in The Two Regions in Varying Time Periods
- Water vs juice: While Juice is tastier, Water is Healthier
- Christmas at Home vs Christmas in a Foreign Country
- Female Friends and Male Friends: Which Once are Better
- Flowers and Weeds: Why Each of Them Needs the Other to Exist
- Wolves and Dogs: Their Differences and Similarities
Best College Students’ Compare and Contrast Essays
As a college student, you cannot choose a compare and contrast essay topic that is meant for high school students. Some suggestions of college students compare and contrast essay topics are listed below. You can deny yourself some marks by choosing a very simple topic for this assignment.
- Compare Life on Campus and Living with Parents
- Service Sector Jobs vs Manufacturing Jobs
- Public Education or Private Colleges: Which One Is the Best
- College Learning and High-School Education: Which One Has the Greatest Academic Rigor
- While Spring is the Season for the Departure of Students Fall is the Time for College Arrivals
- Looking at the Food Learners Get at College and High School.
- Seasonal vs Part Time Jobs
- Are Advanced Placement Classes Worse or Better Than Honors Classes?
- Conventional Classes are Slowly Being Replaced by Remote Learning
- Life at Home and Life at Campus
Anthropology, Religion, and AP World History Comparison and Contrast Essay Topics
Anthropology, religion, and AP world religion are some of the disciplines that have thousands of compare and contrast essay topics. However, not all these topics qualify because some have limited information. The good thing with these type of essays is that they can be quite interesting to the reader as long as you frame theme will. Here are some of the examples;
- Compare and Contrast the Effects of The First and Second World War
- Understanding the Various Branches of Christianity
- McCarthy and The Salem Witch Trials Era in The History of The United States
- Frenemies: The Political Actions of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams
- The Mass Media Trends Between President Kennedy and President Obama
- The Ideas Related to the Ancient Rome and Ancient Greek Approaches
- Modern Living vs. The 18th Century Living
- Compare and Contrast Christianity vs Muslim
- Ancient Rome vs Ancient Greece
- The French Revolution vs The American Revolution
Things to Compare and Contrast by Students
There is so many things in the world that you can compare and contrast. These can be historical occurrences or even physical objects. This section presents a set of ten things that can generate excellent compare and contrast essays.
- Pineapple or Apple
- Asylums and Jails
- Non-Fiction vs Fiction
- Capitalism Against Communism
- The Sun and The Moon
- Family Guy vs American Dad
- Baroque Art and Renaissance
- Southern Colonies or New England Colonies
- Scandinavian vs Greek Mythology
- Star Trek and Star Wars
Famous People Topics for Compare and Contrast Essays
The world has got so many people who have made a lot of influence whether positively or negatively. We provide a list of such individuals that can form an excellent basis for compare and contrast essays. You need to carry out an in-depth research as you handle any of these topics.
- Socrates or Plato: Who Provided More Contributions to the Philosophical Research
- Celina Dion and Madonna: The self-made American Singer and Her Canadian Counterpart
- Locke or Hobbies: The Roles of English Philosophers with Regard to the Contribution of Political Science Studies
- Homer Simpson vs. Peter Griffin: The Great American Television Shows
- Obama and Putin: Differences in the Economic and Political Regimes of These Two Presidents.
- Superman vs. Batman: Why Batman Won in That Popular Movie
- Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler: Understanding the Similarities and Differences Between the Two Opposing Public Figures.
- Episodes of the 1970’s or Start Wars Modern Episodes: Comparing Habits, Sound Effects, Music, Visual Effects, Plot, Actors, and Graphics Among Others.
- Charlie Chaplin and Bugs Bunny: The Symbols of the Whole American Culture in Their Comic Images
- Traditional Ways vs. Online ads of Promoting Goods and Services and How the Two Methods Affect the Life of Various Individuals
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Political Science
Politics is an amazing field that has several controversies. You can compare and contrast political leaders themselves or the ideologies they represent. The list below represents political science compare and contrast essay.
- Debit Cars vs Credit Cards: The Roles and Responsibilities of The Government Towards These Payment Methods
- Compare and Contrast the Modern Capitalistic Movement Against the Classical Theory of Karl Marx
- Compare and Contrast the Military Situation in Ukraine and The War in Syria
- The Obligation of the American Government Towards the Private and Public Companies
- The Government of Korea vs The Government of China
- The Welfare Programs in the UK vs The Welfare Programs in the U.S.A
- The Islamic State and Al Qaeda
- The Modern Political Regime vs The Political Regime of the 1950’s
- Civil vs Marriage Union: Which of These Unions Is More Threatening to the Image of Political Figures
- Legal Systems in Canada and The United States of America
Middle School Comparative Essay Topics
Middle school topics for compare and contrast essays should not be too complicated. There is an ideal example of such topics below. The student can handle more complicated subject matters as they head to high school and even college education.
- Things That Christopher Columbus Had in Common with The Early Spacemen
- Zeus vs King Author
- Which Holiday Has More Fun: Christmas Night, Halloween Night and Prom Night
- Compare Modern Role Models to the Role Models of the 1950’s
- 5-Star Hotels vs 3-Star Hotels: Reasons to Select Each of Them
- How Does It Feel to Watch Your Favorite Movie at Home at Watching in a Cinema?
- Correlation Between School Bullies and Famous Dictators
- Parents or Celebrities; Which Group Influences Teenagers More
- The Effects of Tsunami Could Be Higher Than the Consequences of the Hurricane
- Bicycle Riding or Car Driving: Which Has the Most Difficult Experience
Trending Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
There are so many compare and contrast topics that have gone viral in academia. However, you can always find something new to write about and this will significantly increase your score. The worst mistake you can do is replicating what has already been studied. Here are some examples of these topics.
- Compare and Contrast the Democrat and Republican Ideologies
- Adulthood vs Childhood
- The Best Business Idea: Oligopoly or Monopolies
- Similarities and Differences of Judaism vs Christianity
- Teaching vs the Farming Profession
- Pepsi vs Coke: Which Brand is the Best for Your health
- Classical and Jazz Music
- Vegetables and Fruits: Which Diet is Better for Health
- Best pets: Cats or Dogs
- The Most Used Color: Red or White
Compare And Contrast Essay Topics For Your Use
You now have a total of 101 compare and contrast essay topics that can guide your study. The most important thing is to choose one that you can work on with a lot of ease. Make sure you talk to your lecturer and fellow students before you choose one. However, you can get online assistance from our services when it comes to writing compare and contrast essays. You can use the product as a guide to work on your personal essay. The most important thing is to make sure that you score highly in this assignment. If you want to see more topics, be sure to check My Homework Done.