When faced with the task of writing an annotated bibliography, it can be challenging because it requires a lot accuracy. Furthermore, it requires you to have a wide range of skills, including analysis, research, and presentation. But before you can get started, you need to pick the right topic for an annotated bibliography.
Table of Contents
- What is an Annotated Bibliography?
- Top Annotated Bibliography Examples
- Examples of Annotated Bibliography APA
- Examples of Annotated Bibliography MLA
- Example Topics for Annotated Bibliography
- Annotated Bibliography Topics for Psychology
- Annotated Bibliography Topic Ideas for Geography
- Annotated Bibliography Topics List for Biology
- Good Topics for Annotated Bibliography in Business
- Annotated Bibliography Nursing Topics
- Annotated Bibliography Topic Examples in Philosophy
- Seek Writing Help
In this post, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to write the best annotated bibliography. In addition, we will provide you with hot annotated bibliography topics that you can use.
What is an Annotated Bibliography?
An annotated bibliography is a compilation of the sources, from articles to books, which you utilized for your study, project, coursework, or other academic work. Then, each citation is followed by a short brief informing the reader about the resource’s relevance, quality, and accuracy.
It is important to note that an annotated bibliography has to strictly follow a specific formatting style. Your professor may ask you to select good annotated bibliography topics and then follow APA or MLA styles. You might also want to check a good MLA, Harvard or Chicago style annotated bibliography example from a pro to understand how he did it.
Top Annotated Bibliography Examples
To help you grasp the concept of annotated bibliography well, we will provide you with some examples done in different styles. So, select the one that you want to use and follow it to craft similar top-rated annotated bibliographies.
Examples of Annotated Bibliography APA
American Psychological Association (APA) formatting style is mainly applied when writing papers and annotated bibliographies in social sciences. See the example below:
Waite, L. J., Goldschneider, F. K., & Witsberger, C. (1986). Non-family living and the erosion of traditional family orientations among young adults. American Sociological Review, 51, 541-554.
The researchers at Rand Corporation and Brown University used data gathered from the National Longitudinal Surveys of young women and young men to test their study hypothesis that non-family living by young adults changes their values, attitudes, and expectations, driving them away from belief on traditional sex roles. The hypothesis was strongly supported by the findings, especially in young females than males.
Examples of Annotated Bibliography MLA
Modern Language Association (MLA) is largely used when preparing annotated bibliographies in humanities and liberal arts. See the example below:
Breeding Evil. Economist, Volume. 376, No. 9, 6th 2005, 8438. Source http://www.economist.com
The Economist’s editorial brings out the controversy surrounding video games and the effects on the people who use them. The article shows that most of the critiques of video gaming are the elderly people who are over 40 years, so it is an issue of age as opposed to the video games themselves. Although the author briefly highlights a number of studies that have been done on gaming and violence, he fails to explain the depth of these studies.
The author emphasizes on age factor to violence as the primary reason for opposing video games. Further, he highlights the positive impacts of good gaming. This article is a great resource, especially for those who are interested in analyzing the controversies about video games. But it is also crucial to critically examine other studies on the area.
Example Topics for Annotated Bibliography
Next is our list of bibliography topics that you can work on. We have broken the topics based on subjects to make it easy for you to pick the best for your situation. You can use them as they are or change them to suit your preference.
Annotated Bibliography Topics for Psychology
- What are the effects of high school bullying on teen’s health?
- The causes of dehumanization in the UK prisons.
- How is the society modeling people’s behavior today?
- Evaluating how the brain structure is involved with time perception.
- What are the main types of mirroring behavior in kids?
- Does personality matters more than beauty.
Annotated Bibliography Topic Ideas for Geography
- A closer look at the formation of the Grand Canyon.
- What are the main causes of earthquakes?
- Demonstrate the importance of flooding to the sustenance of life.
- Exploring the environmental effects of oil exploration.
- Can you explain the formation of glaciers?
- Are the current efforts of protecting species from extinction sufficient?
Annotated Bibliography Topics List for Biology
- Male pregnancy in animals.
- What are the main causes of obesity?
- What are the main causes of plant diseases?
- An analysis of the relationship between obesity and genetics.
- What are the basic principles of human cloning?
- Regulation system in stem cell biology.
Good Topics for Annotated Bibliography in Business
- Explaining the importance of innovation in business development.
- What is the impact of the environment on business productivity?
- Is it possible for all enterprises to go green?
- What are the main causes of business bankruptcy?
- Accidents at the workplace: The best ways to mitigate them.
- Product manufacturing techniques for success in businesses.
- Globalization: Explore the pros and cons to small businesses.
- What are the best recruitment strategies for startup ventures?
Annotated Bibliography Nursing Topics
- Analyzing the effect of noise on the human body.
- Social media and eating disorders.
- What are the main reasons behind anxiety disorders?
- The challenges of gestational weight gain.
- What are the main causes of stress among police officers?
- Evidence based strategies in primary healthcare.
- Nursing care for children in the UK.
- Shortage of men in the nursing profession: What are the main causes?
Annotated Bibliography Topic Examples in Philosophy
- What is the relationship between functionalism and sociology?
- A closer look at quantum logic and probability theory.
- The value of truth and knowledge.
- Rationalism: Analyzing its modern applications.
- The theory of black holes.
- The theory of constructivism.
- History of philosophy: Evaluating the role of women.
- Ethics and morality: What are their impacts in society today?
Seek Writing Help
After selecting the best topic for annotated bibliography, you need to move to the next step and start crafting them. Remember that the goal is to demonstrate with precision, that the resources you used for the study are proper. But it is never easy for many students. Indeed, even some students with good writing skills still feel inadequate to work on their annotated bibliographies. But there is no need for stress because writing assistance is only a click away.
Academic writing help is offered by professionals with years of experience doing similar tasks. They have handled similar tasks in the past and are willing to help you craft A-rated annotated bibliography. If you want the best grades, work with professionals!